Supported Accommodation with 24 hour cover.
A beautiful Grade II listed building located in the picturesque grounds of the market town of Thatcham, Carramar is now home to 10 residents. The service boasts private rooms alongside recently renovated communal facilities, including a kitchen and living room with a blossoming garden.
Carramar provides a home that offers high quality, around the clock accommodation and recovery services for people leaving acute wards. The aim for staff is to support clients to regain their confidence and learn the skills needed to enable them to move back into the community. Carramar has supported many clients to live independently following their successful recovery journey at the service.
Features and Description
- Capacity: The service houses ten individuals in a shared house.
- Staffing: Eight Full-time, One Part-time (one x Service Manager, one Deputy Manager, three Senior Support Workers (one part-time) and four Project Workers. Plus three Bank Staff.
- Aim of service: To support residents in their recovery and back into the community. Helping them to gain as much independence as possible.
- Rooms: Eight bedsits with ensuites and two "flats". There is a large communal area and a communal kitchen.
About the Environment
- Activities: The service offers arts and crafts, Day trips, Music groups, Seated exercises, Movie nights, Quiz/games nights, Gardening and Badminton. We also have visits from Eight Bells Charity which offers befriending services, and Edu Cafe, which has a community kitchen.
- Local Community: Carramar is very connected with the local community, including local shops, churches and Sport in Mind.
- Visits: Friends and Family can call to arrange a visit; no overnight stays.