CQC Registered Care
Iris Hayter House
A Residential Care home registered by the Care Quality Commission (CQC) to provide Care for Adults diagnosed with Serious Mental Illness and complex health needs.
Response’s CQC-registered Care Home is exclusively for individuals diagnosed with Serious Mental Illness and complex health conditions. The service provides a safe and supportive environment for clients to receive specialised care and treatment.
Being CQC registered means that the Care Home has met the rigorous standards set by the Care Quality Commission, a UK government agency responsible for regulating and inspecting health and social care services. This ensures that the Care Home provides safe and high-quality care to its clients, that the house is well-maintained, and that staff are appropriately trained. This registration also means that the CQC regularly inspects the Care Home to ensure that it is continuing to meet these standards.
Located in the quiet village of Sandford, Iris Hayter House is approximately three miles from the city of Oxford and only a short walking distance from the picturesque lock at Sandford on the river Thames.
The accommodation includes around-the-clock staffing and access to professional personal care and support to maintain recovery potential and mental well-being. The staff are trained to assist with personal care, daily activities, medication management, and crisis intervention. The program also encourages community engagement and socialisation, promoting the well-being and self-sufficiency of the residents.
Features and Description
- Capacity: The service houses 12 individuals.
- Staffing: Team of 19 staff in total. There is a minimum of two staff members on shift at once.
- Aim of service:
- Rooms: 11 rooms and one shared room, shared toilets and bathrooms, communal dining room, living room and well-being room.
About the Environment
- Activities: The service has an activities lead. Various activities are available, including in-house music groups, garden games, singing, creative writing, arts and crafts and activities outside the project, such as day trips, theatre trips, lunches out, walks etc.
- Visits: Friends and Family are welcome to visit.